2020 Utility & Street Improvements-North Side Project
CITY OF WALKER
COUNTY OF CASS
STATE OF MINNESOTA
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the council will meet at 6:00 p.m. on August 2, 2021 at the Walker Fire Hall located at 701 Elm Avenue to consider, and possibly adopt, the proposed assessment for the Street and Utility Improvements of:
- Cleveland Boulevard from 2nd Street to 7th Street
- Prospect Place from 2nd Street to 3rd Street
- Railroad Avenue from Park Avenue to 5th Street
- Front Street from 3rd Street to 6th Street
- 2nd Street from Minnesota Avenue to Cleveland Boulevard
- Ross Place from Railroad Avenue to Cleveland Boulevard
- 3rd Street from Minnesota Avenue to Cleveland Boulevard
- 4th Street from Minnesota Avenue to Cleveland Boulevard
- 6th Street from Minnesota Avenue to Front Street
- Alley between TH 371 and Front Street from 4th Street to a point approximately 275 feet west
Adoption by the council of the proposed assessment may occur at the hearing. The area proposed to be assessed is abutting properties.
Such assessment is proposed to be payable in equal annual installments extending over a period of 15 years, the first of the installments to be payable on or before the first Monday in January 2022, and will bear interest at the rate of 3.0 percent per annum from the date of the adoption of the assessment resolution. To the first installment shall be added interest on the entire assessment from the date of the assessment resolution until December 31, 2021. To each subsequent installment when due shall be added interest for one year on all unpaid installments.
You may at any time prior to certification of the assessment to the county auditor, pay the entire assessment on such property, with interest accrued to the date of payment, to the City of Walker. No interest shall be charged if the entire assessment is paid within 30 days from the adoption of this assessment. You may at any time thereafter, pay to the City of Walker the entire amount of the assessment remaining unpaid, with interest accrued to December 31 of the year in which such payment is made. Such payment must be made before November 15 or interest will be charged through December 31 of the succeeding year. If you decide not to prepay the assessment before the date given above the rate of interest that will apply is 3.0 percent per year. The right to partially prepay the assessment is available.
The proposed assessment roll is on file for public inspection at the city administrator’s office. The total amount of the proposed assessment is $56,537.42. Written or oral objections will be considered at the meeting. No appeal to district court may be taken as to the amount of an assessment unless a written objection signed by the affected property owner is filed with the municipal clerk prior to the assessment hearing or presented to the presiding officer at the hearing. The council may upon such notice consider any objection to the amount of a proposed individual assessment at an adjourned meeting upon such further notice to the affected property owners as it deems advisable.
Under Minn. Stat. §§ 435.193 to 435.195, the council may, in its discretion, defer the payment of this special assessment for any homestead property owned by a person 65 years of age or older, one retired by virtue of a permanent and total disability, or a member of the National Guard or other reserves ordered to active military service for whom it would be a hardship to make the payments. When deferment of the special assessment has been granted and is terminated for any reason provided in that law and Ordinance (Resolution), all amounts accumulated plus applicable interest become due. Any assessed property owner meeting the requirements of this law, may, within 30 days of the confirmation of the assessment, apply to the city clerk for the prescribed form for such deferral of payment of this special assessment on his/her property.
An owner may appeal an assessment to district court pursuant to Minn. Stat. § 429.081 by serving notice of the appeal upon the mayor or clerk of the city within 30 days after the adoption of the assessment and filing such notice with the district court within ten days after service upon the mayor or clerk.
Persons wishing to speak on this assessment are invited to attend the scheduled public hearing. Formal written comments will also be accepted prior to the hearing date. Please forward all written comments or inquiries to Hope Fairchild, Administrator, P.O. Box 207, Walker MN 56484, or at (218) 547-5501.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by _RECORDID in Descending Order within category
Weekly Construction Meeting Minutes15 documents
- September 22nd, 2020 Weekly Construction Meeting Minutes
- September 15th, 2020 Weekly Construction Meeting Minutes
- September 8th, 2020 Weekly Construction Meeting Minutes
- September 1st, 2020 Weekly Construction Meeting Minutes
- August 25th, 2020 Weekly Construction Meeting Minutes
- August 18th, 2020 Weekly Construction Meeting Minutes
- August 4th, 2020 Weekly Construction Meeting Minutes
- July 28th, 2020 Weekly Construction Meeting Minutes
- July 21, 2020 Weekly Construction Meeting Minutes
- July 14, 2020 Weekly Construction Meeting Minutes
- July 7th, 2020 Weekly Construction Meeting Minutes
- June 30, Weekly Construction Meeting Minutes
- June 23rd, 2020 Weekly Construction Meeting Minutes
- June 16, 2020 Weekly Construction Meeting Minutes
- June 9, 2020 Weekly Construction Meeting Minutes